Indonesian delegation's visit to boost bilateral parliamentary ties
|A delegation led by the Speaker of the Indonesian Council of People's Representatives Agung Laksono will visit Uzbekistan on 11-14 December this year to meet the invitation of the Speaker of the Legislative Chamber of Oliy Majlis [parliament] of Uzbekistan Erkin Khalilov. |
The purpose of the visit is to enhance and strengthen the existing friendly bilateral relations and cooperation between two parliaments and countries, according to the Indonesian Minister Counselor Sunarti Ichwanto.
Besides, the Indonesian Speaker Agung Laksono will pay courtesy calls to the Prime Minister of the Republic of Uzbekistan Shavkat Mirziyayev and Chairman of the Senate of Oliy Majlis of the Republic of Uzbekistan llgizar Sabirov.
With the view to intensify the mutually beneficial cooperation of the two countries, the delegation will have the opportunity to visit Tashkent Aviation Production Association named after Chkalov and make presentation on political life of Indonesia at the University of World Economy and Diplomacy under the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the Republic of Uzbekistan.
Indonesia and Uzbekistan have many similarities in cultural and national character and, indeed, the programme of the delegation expects the visits to the cultural, historical and religious heritages of Uzbekistan, among others State Museum of Amir Temur, complex of Khazrat Imam and tomb of Imam Al Bukhari in Samarqand.
Moreover, another delegation of the Indonesian Parliament will be soon visiting Uzbekistan to observe the forthcoming elections of the President of the Republic of Uzbekistan, Sunarti Ichwanto said.
"I am confident that the forthcoming visits will be a new impetus in enhancing the relations and cooperation between Indonesia and Uzbekistan not only at the level of government, but also interparliamentary and people-to-people contact," the Minister Counselor noted.
It should be noted that the bilateral relations between Indonesia and Uzbekistan have been remarkably increasing recently. This year many activities have been conducted both in Indonesia and Uzbekistan, among them:
- Indonesia-Uzbekistan Investment Seminar and Business Forum in Jakarta, Indonesia;
- Cotton Forum in Jakarta;
- Participation of Indonesia in the 2nd AgroMiniTech Exhibition in Tashkent;
- Participation of Indonesia in the 4th Uzbekistan International Exhibition 2007 - Furniture, Production Technologies and Interior Design, in Tashkent;
- Participation of Indonesia in the 13th Tashkent International Tourism Fair, in Tashkent;
- Participation of Indonesia in the 7th International Exhibition of Food, Beverages, Food Equipment and Food Technologies, in Tashkent;
- Participation of Indonesia in the 2nd International Specialized Exhibition of Tea and Coffee, in Tashkent;
- Visit of the Indonesian delegation led by the Director General for Asia-Pacific Affairs of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the Republic of Indonesia to Uzbekistan to attend the 3rd Meeting of the Committee for Bilateral Consultation between the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the Republic of Indonesia and the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the Republic of Uzbekistan and to celebrate the 15th years of the establishment of Diplomatic Relations between Indonesia and Uzbekistan;
- Lecture of the Director General for ASEAN of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the Republic of Indonesia on "Role of Indonesia in the framework of ASEAN" at the University of World Economy and Diplomacy under the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the Republic of Uzbekistan, in Tashkent;
- Visit of the officials of Indonesian Aviation Manufactory, PT Dirgantara Indonesia, to Tashkent Aviation Production Association named after Chkalov;
- Visit of the officials of the Ministry of Youth and Sport of the Republic of Indonesia and participation of the Indonesian athletes in the International SAMBO Championship in Tashkent;
- Participation of the Association of Indonesian Pencak Silat in the exhibition of Oriental Fighting organized by the Unifight Federation in Tashkent;
- Participation of the two Indonesian groups from Aceh and Southeast Sulawesi Provinces in the Music Festival "Sharq Taronalari" in Samarqand;
- In cooperation with the UNDP Representative Office in Tashkent, visit of the officials of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the Republic of Uzbekistan to Indonesia to meet its counterparts, ASEAN Headquarters in Jakarta, Asian African Conference Museum in Bandung;
- In cooperation with the UNDP Representative Office in Tashkent, visit of the Uzbek civilians to Indonesia to study Indonesian State Administration and management of Free Economic Zones on Batam Island, Indonesia;
- Participation of Uzbek students in the Indonesian Scholarship "Darmasiswa" to study Indonesian language for 2007-2008 academic year;
- Visit of the delegation of Aceh Province, Indonesia to Samarqand, Uzbekistan to establish sister-city between Samarqand and Aceh;
- Indonesian Embassy continuously gives lessons of Indonesian language at the Uzbek State University of World Languages, Institute of Oriental Studies in Tashkent and at the Indonesian Language Center of the Samarqand Institute for Economy, Tourism and Service;
- Indonesian Embassy continuously has training of traditional Indonesian dances with the students of the State Conservatory, School of Art and Design in Tashkent as well as Indonesian Cultural Center at the Samarqand Regional Youth Center.
Read also other World News on www.UzReport.uz